Sunday, January 22, 2012

The not so flattering pictures

Today I was over at my Mom and Dad's house and we took the opportunity to go through some of the old photo albums. Through this I found some of the old pictures of me as heavily overweight - some less flattering than others.

When I weighed over 140 kg (308 lbs) I never really saw myself as that heavy. I knew I was overweight, and I knew I was carrying a lot more than any person ever should, but I still didn't see myself as big as I clearly was. Very few pictures would actually shock me and make me understand exactly how big I was.

Picture taken by my Mom's friend. One of the few pictures were
even I would react and take notice of how big I had become.

Some pictures I didn't even remember. Like this one,
taken by my Mom while I was watching TV.

A few I had forgotten about and didn't really care to be reminded of.
Like this one, taken by an old friend of mine before I went in to vote
at the election (can't remember which year this was unfortunately).

Pictures like these are rather fun to have. I didn't care for them too much back when I was overweight, but I can appreciate them today. It's from a time where my life wasn't what it is today. I wasn't unhappy with how things were back then, I just didn't want the same things that I do today.

Moving on to present day, I actually recently went and got a new picture taken for my ID badge. I work part time as a personal assistant of sort, helping my nephew, who has Down's Syndrome. The old picture on my previous badge didn't look at all like me so it wasn't really any good when it came to identifying myself.

Me, today, on my brand new ID Badge.

I'm glad I've done my journey. It wasn't that I was unhappy being overweight back then, it's just that I'm much more happy with not being overweight today.

4 comments:

  1. You´re a great inspiration! Keep up the good work honey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep bringing awesome back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Damn dude you are infact bring the awesome allllllll the way back!
    Ed

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Ed! Miss you and the old days on vent!

    ReplyDelete