Thursday, January 19, 2012

Short interview in the local newspaper

The previous week the local newspaper were at the gym where I instruct. This day I was actually helping my girlfriend and they snatched us both for a short interview. Some, or most of it, can be found on their website by clicking here (note: Swedish only). The piece was simply about the amount of new faces that's entering the gym every new year when it's time to fulfill the resolutions made the previous year.

My short piece in the newspaper.

I think most of us that have gym as a regular agenda always notice the amount of new faces entering the gym when each and every year starts. It's the time of the year where the equipment - that we're used to have all to ourselves - all of a sudden is occupied and there's a lot of new faces popping up. Some of them are there to stay, most of them are not.

My girlfriend getting some pointers from yours truly.

As far as the interview goes, there's not much new said for those of you who read my site. The interview itself was short and my only real contribution of worth was my answer to the classical question: "What's your number one tip to those who wants to lose a few pounds?". As usual, and as I've previous proclaimed in posts such as "My view on theories, how-to-guides and general concepts", I do not solely believe in step-by-step solutions and how-to-guides. I believe in finding the kind of training and diet that suits your own personal preference. To quote myself from the newspaper interview:
"People often look at what others do and they do the exact same thing - but that may not work for them. You have to find the kind of training that you enjoy, or the kind of food that you like". 
I say this because I personally believe that if you enjoy what you do, then you're more willing to make the sacrifice that needs to be done in order to get to where you want to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment