Saturday, March 10, 2012

Training Day Eight

Today was the first day of training (since the operation) where I started training according to my old 5 split routine. For those of you who are not familiar with it, it is as follows:

  • Day 1: Quads, Abs
  • Day 2: Biceps, Chest
  • Day 3: Back, Trapz, Forearms
  • Day 4: Triceps, Hamstrings
  • Day 5: Delts, Calves

Naturally, I wasn't able to do any abs, so today's workout was simply quads. As usual I had to do a bit of trial and error in order to find out what exercises I could do. My initial idea was to get some really light leg presses done. That, however, ended up in a complete failure. My range of motion was zero to none, so I had to scout for different exercises - squat machine and leg extensions to the rescue! So, here's todays workout:

- 4x8 Squat machine
- 5x12 Leg extensions

Contemplating whether leg press is doable or not...

Leg press was a failure. Had to tiptoe through the squats!

Good old leg extensions. They never fail me!

These were a pain to descend after my leg workout!

There was nothing fancy about the workout. As usual I had to keep myself from engaging the abs in any part of the exercises. That meant that I had to stand a on my toes while doing the squats in order for me to not feel it in the abdominals.

Feels good going back to regular routines, even if I do have to modify them to quite some extent. Then again, I guess that's what training is all about - finding what works for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment