Friday, March 16, 2012

Training Day Twelve

Due to a busy schedule I had to do a quick workout today. Delts and calves were on the menu and everything went rather smoothly. This is what the workout looked like:

- 3x12 Shoulder press (smith machine)
- 3x12 Lateral delt raises with dumbbells
- 3x12 Rear delt reverse flyes
- 3x12 Seated calf raises
- 3x25 Standing calf raises

Did a good few sets here. Last rep on the last set I twitched a
little, which engaged my abs a bit. So I had to cut it short.

No worries with the lateral delts. Did get a gruesome pump!

Reverse flyes were pretty decent.
The motion was slow and steady.

Seated calf raises went fine. I leaned back against the wall,
and had the calves do all the work, without lifting the bar.

Finished my workout with some standing calf raises. Had a
massive pump and walked like a crippled man afterwards.

Was a good workout, although I was a bit stressed. Which quite frankly seems to be an ongoing theme in my life at the moment. Having a bit of an issue with my sleep as well, since I'm getting a bit of pain in my hips from not being able to sleep on my belly. Nothing to be worried about as I still feel rested when I wake up...

Hmm... hip problems and complaining... I must be getting old!

No comments:

Post a Comment