Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Training Day Twenty

I was thinking about doing back yesterday, but I saved it for today and ended up doing cardio instead. So, naturally, back was on the menu for the afternoon. Back workout is without a doubt the number one muscle group that provides the most hassle due to me being operated. Deadlifts are a big no no, and I can't go heavy on neither lat pulldowns nor T-bar rows. But, things are looking bright as I can slowly increase the weights with each workout.

The workout for the afternoon:
- 4x12 Seated cable rows
- 4x12 Lat pulldowns
- 4x12 Dumbbell shrugs
- 3x12 Supinated and pronated barbell wrist curls (Superset)

Didn't have the equipment for this exercise at the gym I first
started at. Wouldn't go back to those circumstances again!

Progressing nicely on lat pulldowns.

Tried keeping my arms slightly at a distance. Worked nicely.

Been supersetting pronated and supinated wrist curls
for a while now. Trying to keep the workouts short.


Whenever I hit a road bump I try to find something positive within the experience. My inability to carry out my back workout with the intensity I'd like to is no different. Being forced not to put any strain on the abs has let me focus a lot more on my back - which most likely will be beneficial to my back development.

A while back I read a good tip from a Swedish bodybuilder (can't remember who it was right now) who had a very well developed back. He said that his number one tip for people who weren't progressing in that area was to decrease the weights. He meant that a lot of people tend to put too much weight into it and thereby engaging other muscles than the ones you were trying to target.

I could personally relate to this, and, up to this day I thought I had really been focusing. But, having to really keep control of the weights has given me another dimension to the word strict. I'm definitely targeting the correct muscles to a greater extent right now, and it'll be interesting to see the results from it.

No comments:

Post a Comment