Sunday, January 26, 2014

Training Day Four Hundred Eighty Eight

It's the day after my girlfriend was hospitalized, and we're continuing our struggle. I can't believe the lack of understanding that we're getting from the public health care. Don't get me wrong, the nurses are doing an amazing job, but the "experts" are way out there. For starters, I find it hard to trust someone that says that my girlfriend's low pulse (below 40) is due to her excellent cardiovascular condition. She's almost never jogged in her entire life and the only training (except morning walks) that she's engaged in right now is weight training with low intensity. And no, it doesn't help that he gives us an example by drawing parallels to Björn Borg! So, while my girlfriend - at the age of 28 - is almost unable to walk up the stairs by herself, can't even do a morning walk, complains about stabbing sensation in her chest, has a pulse below 40 (although still working on being slightly overweight and never really engaging in any high intensity cardio) as well as a lot of other symptoms, she's apparently fit enough for him to be confident about the fact that nothing is wrong with her heart. It took quite a while of complaining before we at least managed to bargain ourselves an ultrasound, which will be done tomorrow morning. And yes, I do understand that the blood work showed nothing, and I do understand that the ECG looks fine (although some irregularities), and I also understand that the kind of pain that she's experiencing should be accompanied by other symptoms in order to be categorized as "dangerous". And I will accept that it's not the heart when EVERYTHING has been done in order to assure us that it's not. But what I don't understand is how a 28-year-old woman goes from reasonably health to a severe decline in less than two weeks without anyone being real worried about it. Especially when she's not even fit enough to walk for 15 minutes without feeling like she's having the workout of her life. Oh well, the struggle continues tomorrow...

Quick mirror pic. Neither time nor motivation for anything else...


# WORKOUT: HAMSTRINGS, TRICEPS


# Seated Leg Curl
- Set 1: 12 x 33 lbs (15 kg)
- Set 2: 12 x 33 lbs (15 kg)
- Set 3: 12 x 44 lbs (20 kg)
- Set 4: 12 x 55,1 lbs (25 kg)
- Set 5: 12 x 66,1 lbs (30 kg)
- Set 6: 12 x 77,1 lbs (35 kg)

# Dip Machine
- Set 1: 12 x -54 lbs (-24,4 kg)
- Set 2: 12 x -54 lbs (-24,4 kg)
- Set 3: 3 x Bodyweight
- Set 4: 3 x Bodyweight

# Seated Triceps Extension Machine
- Set 1: 8 x 33 lbs (15 kg)
- Set 2: 8 x 38,5 lbs (17,5 kg)
- Set 3: x 49,6 lbs (22,5 kg)
- Set 4: x 66,1 lbs (30 kg)

# MORNING WALK TIME: 30,31 MINUTES


# Workout Notes:
There's not much to say about the workout. It had to be carried out in Halmstad while I took a short break away from my baby. It was quick, without much thought, and I was just glad to have my mind on other things for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment