Thursday, June 20, 2013

Training Day Three Hundred Forty Three

Tomorrow is Midsummer's Eve, which means that we're bringing on the festivities here in Sweden. Unfortunately, I have to work the next day and be up early to get my morning walk in. Adding to that, I'll also be working this very evening. But, nevertheless, tomorrow will be a cheat day, and I'm about to make sure that it'll be remembered. Here's the last workout before the work and festivities begin!

Quads pic taken this morning after breakfast.


# WORKOUT: QUADS, ABS


# Leg Extension Machine
- Set 1: 5 x 44 lbs (20 kg)
- Set 2: 5 x 44 lbs (20 kg)
- Set 3: 5 x 66,1 lbs (30 kg)
- Set 4: 5 x 88,1 lbs (40 kg)
- Set 5: 5 x 110,2 lbs (50 kg)
- Set 6: 5 x 154,3 lbs (70 kg)
- Set 7: 5 x 198,4 lbs (90 kg)
- Set 8: 4 x 220,4 lbs (100 kg)

# One-Leg Step-Ups On A Bench (Short ROM)
- Set 1: 12 x Bodyweight
- Set 2: 12 x Bodyweight
- Set 3: 12 x Bodyweight
- Set 4: 12 x Bodyweight
 
# Ab Roller
- Set 1: 8 x Bodyweight
- Set 2: 8 x Bodyweight
- Set 3: 8 x Bodyweight
- Set 4: 8 x Bodyweight

# MORNING WALK TIME: 44,07 MINUTES


# Workout Notes:
Today I had my girlfriend with me to the gym. A while back we started doing the quads workouts together, but due to my current lower back issues, we were forced to go separate ways on that - mostly since she wants to get her Front Squats in (they're a big "no no" for me right now). As for myself, I'll have to keep it safe in the Leg Extension Machine. Not really something that I'm fussed about, but I'd definitely like to get some Squats back in when I get better. In any case, this workout also introduced the Ab Roller exercise. The experience was a good one, and it seemed to be a perfect exercise to improve on my lower back issues. All-in-all an awesome way to end a workout before going into Midsummer!

No comments:

Post a Comment