Friday, July 5, 2013

Training Day Three Hundred Fifty Four

What a horrible night... Yesterday, at about 9.30 PM I get a phone call. The number belongs to my Mom and Dad. Now, I always joke a lot with my Mom, so I answer the phone with a kidding tone: "And what the hell do you want at this hour?". Now, normally, this is the point where my Mom laughs and calls me a brat (or "skitunge" in Swedish) or something. Although, this time, it's my Dad's voice - my Dad NEVER calls. That alone gets me worried and the next few minutes make it even worse. My Dad tells me that there's something terribly wrong with my Mom and that I have to drive over there. My girlfriend and I run out to the car, take off, and make the 8 minute drive to my parents' house a lot shorter than it usually is. Once we get there, my Mom is confused and she can't figure out what date it is. We try to tell her this but she just can't grasp it. Adding to that, she can't seem to remember anything that's happened in the last 30 minutes, or the previous weeks for that matter. It takes me about 3 seconds to get to the phone and call the emergency number. She's never acted like this, and due to my line of work this summer over at the retirement home I've seen similar things going on, and they're never a good sign. After some discussion with the health personnel we finally get an ambulance. During this time I call all family members and tell them what's going on. I have three brothers, and out of these three, one takes off to stay with my Dad, the other takes off to the emergency unit, the third reassures us that we will be relieved tomorrow if this is an ongoing thing. My girlfriend and I take off, ahead of the ambulance, heading straight towards the emergency unit. We stay there with my Mom, all night, until a Doctor tells us that my Mom has to stay until the next day. We leave her at the professional care of the wonderful personnel and start to head home. At 4.30 in the morning, 2 hours before I start working, we get home, exhausted and drained from it all. Now for me, this is a big deal. My Mom is the most kind-hearted woman on earth that I know. She'd welcome and forgive the Devil himself if he came knocking on her door seeking a shoulder to cry on. During each of my brothers' childhoods, her house has been a sanctuary for all the kids in the village - a place where you could go and be accepted for who you are no matter what. At this point she seems to have parts of her memory back and she seems to be pretty fine - all things considered. The day that she leaves us, and I pray that it will be far away from today, there will be a huge gap in many hearts. Maybe this is how everyone feels about their Mom - and Dad for that matter - but when it hits close to home, it doesn't matter what everyone else feels. Even though it's a rough day, here's today's training entry.... it's time to rest.

Side chest pic taken at home after my workout.


# WORKOUT: CHEST, BICEPS


# Bench Press
- Set 1: 5 x 44 lbs (20 kg)
- Set 2: 5 x 44 lbs (20 kg)
- Set 3: 5 x 66,1 lbs (30 kg)
- Set 4: 5 x 88,1 lbs (40 kg)
- Set 5: 5 x 110,2 lbs (50 kg)
- Set 6: 5 x 132,2 lbs (60 kg)
- Set 7: 5 x 154,3 lbs (70 kg)
- Set 8: 5 x 176,3 lbs (80 kg) (2 Forced Reps)
 
# Cable Chest Fly
- Set 1: 8 x 33 lbs (15 kg)
- Set 2: 8 x 44 lbs (20 kg)
- Set 3: 8 x 55,1 lbs (25 kg)
- Set 4: 8 x 66,1 lbs (30 kg)
- Set 5: 8 x 77,1 lbs (35 kg)
- Set 6: 7 x 81,5 lbs (37 kg)

# Barbell Biceps Curl
- Set 1: 5 x 44 lbs (20 kg)
- Set 2: 5 x 55,1 lbs (25 kg)
- Set 3: 5 x 55,1 lbs (25 kg)
- Set 4: 5 x 66,1 lbs (30 kg)
- Set 5: 5 x 77,1 lbs (35 kg)
- Set 6: 5 x 77,1 lbs (35 kg)
- Set 7: 5 x 88,1 lbs (40 kg)
- Set 8: 4 x 99,2 lbs (45 kg)

# Biceps Curl Machine
- Set 1: 8 x 44 lbs (20 kg)
- Set 2: 8 x 44 lbs (20 kg)
- Set 3: 8 x 44 lbs (20 kg)
- Set 4: 8 x 48,5 lbs (22 kg)
- Set 5: 8 x 55,1 lbs (25 kg)
- Set 6: 7 x 59,5 lbs (27 kg)

# MORNING WALK TIME: N/A


# Workout Notes:
With two hours of sleep, a night at the emergency unit, and a day of work, you'd think the performance would go down the drain. However, that wasn't the case. In fact, I felt strong and able to perform at my best. Having that said, my brain was complete mush, and there was nothing going through my mind except lifting the weights. Awesome workout, horrible night!

2 comments:

  1. Usch, jobbigt att läsa om. Såg i dagens inlägg att hon var tillbaka från sjukhuset nu dock. Minns henne också som en synnerligen snäll och godhjärtad person. Hälsa henne så gott från mig!
    //Pontus

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tack för de fina orden Pontus! Det var en obehagligt upplevelse att se sin egen mor bli en främmande person för en själv. Jag ska hälsa henne så gott redan idag när jag kör ner en sväng!

      Delete