Monday, November 12, 2012

Adding a few new supplements to my diet

Due to the new sponsorship by proteinbutiken.se I've also got the chance to test and include a few new products in my diet. I figured I'd name the new editions and what's currently being tested. Keep in mind that this is my personal list of things that I'm using in order to achieve the results that I'm after. I do not, in any way, proclaim these as a necessity or being scientifically proven as having an effect. You have to make up your own mind about what you think works, or, what you think is reasonable.

My latest order
As usual I'm always filling up on the regular stuff like Whey Protein and amino acids (BCAAs). The only new thing is that the BCAA Complex is new product that easily mixes with water, which prevents the powder from lumping together. According to Thomas at proteinbutiken.se it's also easy on the taste buds. This means that it's not giving you that horrid aftertaste that BCAAs usually have. Any of you who have tried a wide range of BCAA products probably know what I'm talking about. So, as Thomas himself puts it, it's like drinking lemonade. In any case, I'm giving the orange flavor a test tonight!

Tribulus Terrestris, Pro 17-dione, Craze, Whey Gourmet Delite, BCAA Complex, Creatine Monohydrate
And they also threw in a few samples for me to try out.

So, what's new?
First of all, keep in mind that supplements are just that - supplements. They're an excellent way for you to advance your training as well as make it more effective. They are, however, not a substitute for a well-adjusted diet. You still have to back them up with proper food, training and sleep. In any case, let's take a look at what's new.

The new additions: Tribulus Terrestris, Pro 17-dione and Craze.

Tribulus Terrestris
This product consists of a herb that supposedly has beneficial effects on your libido as well as the body's own testosterone production. Simply put: More testosterone, more muscle building capacity.

Pro 17-dione
This is a supplement that is often recommended to be stacked with other testosterone increasing supplements in order to achieve a better effect. Simply put: Increase the effect of your testosterone boosters.

Craze
This is a pre-workout product, which means that its aim is to increase your performance (in my case, lifting weights at the gym). There has been a lot of hype lately about the potency of the product, hence, I figured I'd give it a try.

CAUTION
Remember to always read up on the supplements that you're interested in before taking them. Combining products may lead to overdoses of certain ingredients and you have to think about what you're putting into your body. All supplements have recommended dosages, and may even have age restrictions. Also, make sure that the supplements that you take are allowed in your gym, sports club and/or any other event that you might partake in. Do your research and ask for help if you're uncertain about taking a product. I do not, in any way, take responsibility for what you put into your own body. This is simply a listing of the products that I personally use.

No comments:

Post a Comment