Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Second skin removal operation is over and done with

Today was the day where I would head to Varberg and meet up with the surgeon who preformed the first surgery on my abdomen, where almost 1.5 kilos (3,3 lbs) of excess skin was removed. This time around, he was going to remove the skin tags that were left at each end of the scar. Skin tags often occur after you go through such a procedure as I went through, especially if you have been heavily overweight and accumulated a lot of excess skin. Luckily, I had my ever so supportive girlfriend with me for the ride, and she stood by me every step of the way - just like she's always done. The procedure was a success, and I'm now a few pounds lighter in the process.

A lot of hard work, but still much left...
It's been a long journey, trying to lose the stubborn body fat and waiting to see the result as the swelling of the abdomen gradually went down. Unfortunately, the skin tags somewhat took away the joy of the hard earned results I was getting. The before and after picture displayed below shows very little of the skin tags, but that is mostly due the picture being taken at an optimal angle. As you can see, from the skin tag picture above, it's quite noticeable once you see it from a different angle.

Thank you to the awesome people over at Varberg's hospital
I'd really like to point out how exceptionally well treated I've been at the hospital over at Varberg. They've taken such good care of me, and the work of Jonas Bäwer - my surgeon - is nothing short of amazing. From the bottom of my heart, thank you. Thank you for understanding my needs, my fears and my journey. Thank you for reassuring me, being kind to me, and helping me accomplish what I try so hard to accomplish. I will never forget what you've done, and you will forever hold a special place in my heart, as well as my journey!

A beginning and an end
The picture above is taken today as I got home from the hospital. This marks a beginning as well as an end. Hopefully, it's the end of the operations around my abdominal area, and at the same time, it's the beginning of a new focus - my chest area. I am determined to work hard in order to try to achieve the physique I want. However, I understand that there is a price to pay for all the damage that I've done to my body in the past. Hopefully, my hard work earns me the right to have the help that I've been given, so, that I can make up for all my wrongdoings. A huge thank you, to all of you who support me and believe in me. Your appreciation of my work makes me think I'm actually worthy of a better, and more "complete" physique!

No comments:

Post a Comment