Thursday, April 4, 2013

Training Day Two Hundred Eighty Eight

It was time for the first day of training after the skin removal operation that I went through yesterday. The surgeon told me I could do some moderate training, as long as I wasn't jeopardizing the stitches. Hence, I had some ideas on how I would have to follow through with my quads and abs workout prior to hitting the gym. And here is the result.

Quads pic taken this morning after breakfast.


# WORKOUT: QUADS, ABS


# One-Leg Leg Press Machine
- Set 1: 12 x Sled

# Leg Extension Machine
- Set 1: 12 x 20 lbs (9 kg)
- Set 2: 12 x 20 lbs (9 kg)
- Set 3: 12 x 30 lbs (13,6 kg)
- Set 4: 12 x 30 lbs (13,6 kg)
- Set 5: 12 x 40 lbs (18,1 kg)
- Set 6: 12 x 40 lbs (18,1 kg)
- Set 7: 12 x 50 lbs (22,6 kg)
- Set 8: 12 x 50 lbs (22,6 kg)
- Set 9: 12 x 60 lbs (27,2 kg)
- Set 10: 12 x 60 lbs (27,2 kg)
- Set 11: 12 x 80 lbs (36,2 kg)
- Set 12: 12 x 80 lbs (36,2 kg)    

# One-Leg Leg Extension Machine
- Set 1: 8 x 20 lbs (9 kg)
- Set 2: 8 x 30 lbs (13,6 kg)
- Set 3: 8 x 30 lbs (13,6 kg)
- Set 4: 8 x 40 lbs (18,1 kg)
 
# Incline Bench Crunches
- Set 1: 20 x Bodyweight
- Set 2: 20 x Bodyweight
- Set 3: 20 x Bodyweight
- Set 4: 20 x Bodyweight
- Set 5: 20 x Bodyweight
- Set 6: 20 x Bodyweight 

# MORNING WALK TIME: 44,50 MINUTES


# Workout Notes:
My idea for the workout was rather basic: Use more isolating exercises in order to not have to engage more body parts than what was necessary. Through that, I figured that the stitches at the sides of my abdomen would be safe. I started out with a One-Legged Leg Press, but quickly realized that it wasn't working out. Instead, I went over to the Leg Extension Machine, where I figured I could do a few solid sets. To be on the safe side, I figured I'd do 12 reps instead of the usual 8. That way I wouldn't overdo things and thereby start twisting and turning in my seat, which potentially could have a negative impact on the stitches. After that, I finished the quads off with a One-Legged Leg Extension in order to have the last ounce squeezed out of me. Now, moving over to the abs portion of the workout was the tricky part. At first, I wasn't sure if I would do it at all, but then I figured that I could tip the bench and have a really short range of motion, in order not to engage the sides too much. I had the palm of my hands at each side, placed on top of the stitches just above my hips, so that I could feel if I was putting too much strain where the incision was made. After that, it was simply a matter of touch and go. I'd say the workout was a rather productive one considering the shape I was in.

No comments:

Post a Comment