Sunday, August 4, 2013

Training Day Three Hundred Seventy Six

I have to be completely honest. The trip that my girlfriend and I are taking to Las Vegas in September is something that we're definitely looking forward to. The fact that we're also getting engaged over there makes things incredibly amazing. However, the sacrifices that we're making each and every day in order to get there are starting to take a toll on us. My girlfriend and I are a couple that LOVE spending time together. We're each other's best friends, we support each other and we stay with each other no matter what. When she's got lunch at work, and I'm home (free from work), I often drive over there and visit her on her 30 minute break, and she does the same for me. Our time together is sacred and that's why the cheat days are important. These are the days where we make sure that NOTHING will get in the way of our time together. In any case, due to this, the summer is making things rough. Basically, she comes home when I head off to work, I'm free when she's working, and when we're both home we have a ton of obligations to take care of, or, it's getting late and we have to hit the sack early in order to be rested enough the next day. Also, due to our economy as a couple of students, we're constantly putting ourselves available for more work so that we won't have to count every penny once we're in Vegas. I believe we're both going into zombie mode, enduring the summer with the goal of Vegas shining bright at the end of the tunnel. Therefore, I also believe that it's important to be happy about the little things right now, such as getting the 30 minutes together on the lunch break, or sitting in the bed 15 minutes before getting some sleep, eating our last meals and just talk about how the day has been. Because, if we're just blindly going through this summer as some kind of boring event before we can go to Vegas, then we've basically wasted 2.5 months of potential happiness in order to earn 6 days of fun. Sounds like a bad equation to me...

Triceps pic taken this morning after breakfast. Black and white!


# WORKOUT: HAMSTRINGS, TRICEPS


# Lying Leg Curl
- Set 1: 5 x 33 lbs (15 kg)
- Set 2: 5 x 33 lbs (15 kg)
- Set 3: 5 x 44 lbs (20 kg)
- Set 4: 5 x 44 lbs (20 kg)
- Set 5: 5 x 55,1 lbs (25 kg)
- Set 6: 5 x 66,1 lbs (30 kg)
- Set 7: 5 x 77,1 lbs (35 kg)
- Set 8: 5 x 99,2 lbs (45 kg)

# Dips
- Set 1: 5 x Bodyweight
- Set 2: 5 x Bodyweight
- Set 3: 5 x 5,5 lbs (2,5 kg)
- Set 4: 5 x 11 lbs (5 kg)
- Set 5: 5 x 16,5 lbs (7,5 kg)
- Set 6: 5 x 22 lbs (10 kg)
- Set 7: 5 x 60,6 lbs (27,5 kg)

# Triceps Cable Pushdowns (Rope)
- Set 1: 8 x 33 lbs (15 kg)
- Set 2: 8 x 55,1 lbs (25 kg)
- Set 3: 8 x 55,1 lbs (25 kg)
- Set 4: 8 x 92,5 lbs (42 kg)

# MORNING WALK TIME: 46,42 MINUTES


# Workout Notes:
Yeah, I'm definitely getting heavier and stronger right now. In my previous training entry I said that the only exercises that I'm not advancing in are the ones where I work with my own bodyweight. Well, today, that wasn't the case. I finally hit the 5 rep mark on the 27,5 kilo dip! Awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment