Sunday, August 5, 2012

Cheat Day Seventeen

This is the last free day of the week before I go back to work tomorrow. Therefore, it's only proper if I celebrate it by consuming a large amount of food. The other day my girlfriend and I attended the food festival in Ängelholm. Now, having today in mind, I bought myself a 200 gram heavy piece of British cheese (Double Gloucester) as well as a couple of German Landjäger sausages. So, what are we to do with 200 grams of cheese? Yesterday's trip to the mall gave me the answer: lasagna! And that's exactly what I made this very evening. Oh, and if you thought I forgot my regular Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream, think again! It's in the freezer waiting to be devoured tonight.

Frying the meat!

Cheese from the international food market. It's going on top!

Snacking down on a Landjäger while cooking!

Sauce incoming!

I lift plates even out of the gym!

First layer of sauce!

Accompanied by first layer of lasagna plates!

Bring on the cheese!

In the fridge just waiting for the oven. You could almost hear it calling out!

Oooh... There it is, in all its glory!

On the plate with some delicious coleslaw.

Let's not forget about desert!

Since I made this lasagna myself I actually know exactly how many calories went into it. The whole thing ended up at 2277 calories. Now, dividing that between my girlfriend and I, we end up at an intake of 1138 calories each. With the lasagna I had some coleslaw (which is another 400 calories) and while cooking I had the two Landjäger sausages (which is probably another 400 calories). Finally, as always, I'm having my Ben & Jerry's Chocolate Fudge Brownie tonight, which contains 1050 calories. With everything combined - and minus one of my bigger meals at 455 calories - my daily total ends up at 2533 (extra) calories.

Unfortunately my girlfriend works tonight which means we won't be able to spend the entire evening together. On the other hand, that's a perfect opportunity for me to break out the movies I won't get her to watch with me. Most likely that'll end up being some kind of 80's action movie. In any case, I'm in for a good evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment