Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Training Day Fifty Five

I've increased the sets lately on a fair few exercises and today was no different. I'm primarily focusing on back and the trapz, while I tend to somewhat neglect the forearms. I am, however, doing the best I can in that area - trying to keep myself motivated. Here's how that turned out today!

Today's back, trapz and forearms workout:
- 4x5 Lat pulldowns (Horizontal bar)
- 1x5 Chins (Wide supinated grip)
- 3x8 Lat pulldowns (Close grip)
- 3x8 Bent over rows (Used the multi-press machine and leaned against the incline bench)
- 3x12 Barbell good-mornings
- 4x12 Shrugs (Used the multi-press machine)
- 5x8 Standing behind back barbell wristcurls
- 3x8 Reverse barbell biceps curl


Lat spread pic taken prior to heading to the gym.

Through the increase of sets and the decrease in calories I'm leaning towards lowering the reps. I don't want to burn myself out from doing far too long workouts. I'll keep checking my daily form and try to adjust my rep count towards that. The way I see it, I'd rather decrease the reps and train heavier the further I get into my diet.

No comments:

Post a Comment