Friday, May 4, 2012

Training Day Forty Six

It's been two days off from the gym today due to various circumstances. Firstly, the night before this one I had some issues with my stomach and couldn't sleep through the entire night. I've had these issues before and I used to take medication for it. But, since I was feeling great for an extensive period of time, I stopped taking my medication. However, as I just said, two nights ago it came back to haunt me yet again - probably due to a combination of a lot of stress and a lot of caffeine. Secondly, yesterday, I had to spend the entire day at the emergency unit at the hospital due to my girlfriend having issues with her stomach. Needless to say, I've had more important things - other than training - to think about lately.

Today's post-rest triceps and hamstrings workout:
- 5x8 Horizontal leg curl
- 3x12 Seated leg curl
- 5x8 Triceps cable pushdowns (V-bar)
- 1x10 1x8 1x6 Dips
- 1x8 Standing one arm dumbbell triceps extension

Triceps pic taken at work prior to my workout.

Things might sound really bad, but there is some good to be found in all the bad. I've actually been pretty tired and having a bit of pain in my muscles lately - especially my deltoids. So, if we are to view this from a positive perspective, this was a good time for some much needed rest. I woke today, rested and ready to do some good damage to my muscles, which is a good indication that I'm back on track. Today's workout was a result of that, and, even though I was still rather tired in my hamstrings the triceps got a good pounding.

No comments:

Post a Comment