Monday, April 16, 2012

Cheat Day One

Cheat day - A day to deviate from the dietary plan and get a little extra calories in the system for some. An excuse to munch down on everything in sight for others. Personally, I believe in moderation even though I've had my share of extreme overeatings (you can't hold back when you're on a buffet - fact!).

So tonight I'll be adding an extra 1050 calories to my diet in form of a Ben & Jerry's Chocolate Fudge Brownie. And yes, I know that they're extremely over-priced here in Sweden. And yes, I know that there's a lot of other ice-creams that are equally fancy. And honestly, I couldn't care less about any other flavors that they're making. But this one has grabbed a firm hold of my taste buds and is not letting go anytime soon.

There's quite a few flavors to choose from, but the choice is easy!

When I did my first journey I didn't really have any cheat days. It wasn't something I felt the need for until perhaps in the very end. I did, however, notice how this was psychologically very satisfying. To add to that I also felt that it was favorable for my progress. That's why I've decided to include a moderate cheat day for each week during my new journey. Reason to this is both because it seems to be beneficial for my training, but it's also because it holds somewhat of a social value. The reason why I chose today is because it's my girlfriend's birthday. So I couldn't really find a better start than that.

Enjoy your evening everyone - I know I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment