Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Training Day Thirty Five

Today was back day, and in the usual manner I will enter each and every exercise in this post. But this post will also be the first that shows the downside of doing my operation (read about it here and here). However, it's only a temporary downside.

Through removing all the excess skin you can sometimes encounter something that the surgeons refer to as "dog ears". They are skin flaps that develop due to the skin having difficulties following the new path of the body. As you can see on the picture in this post, my right side has developed just that. As I've just said, they are temporary in the sense that they can easily be removed. Adding to that, I have been told that I do not have to pay for this operation and that it is only a minor one (it's even done with local anaesthetic).

Today's dog ear destroying workout:
- 5x8 Cable wide grip seated row
- 4x8 Row machine
- 4x12 Cable machine shrugs
- 1x12 1x12 1x12 Pronated and supinated barbell wrist curls (Each set was a superset)
- 3x12 Standing supinated barbell wrist curls (10 seconds rest between each set)

One of the "dog ears" - or "skin flaps" if you prefer - is
noticeable on my right side when doing double biceps.

A close-up view on one of the "dog ears"
that developed due to the operation. It
will be removed after I've healed, and
won't be noticeable after that.

Enough about dogs and ears, and lets get back to the actual workout. Today was an absolutely awesome workout that targeted the correct muscles perfectly. I used a wide grip bar that was slightly bent in a v-shape, and it really did the trick. Other than that I did some moderately heavy shrugs and ended the workout with some wristcurl supersets.

No comments:

Post a Comment