Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Training Day Forty

Lots of homework to be done, so today's back workout was a good break from the obligations at home. I also had to work for a few hours prior to heading to the gym - but everything went smooth after I finally arrived at my home away from home.

Today's sloppy workout:
- 6x8 Lat pulldowns (wide grip)
- 4x8 Wide grip seated cable row
- 4x12 Dumbbell shrugs
- 3x12 Supinated and pronated barbell wrist curls (3 supersets)
- 3x12 Barbell reverse curl

Mobile pic of a lat spread taken at home prior to my workout.

Today's workout was sloppy, but in a good way. The focus was not revolving around controlling the movement slowly and feeling every inch of the muscle work to its full potential. Today's workout was about controlling heavy weights with a fair bit of cheating. I may be wrong, but I'm all for a bit of cheating every now and then. Not only for progressing through plateaus, but also as a psychological benefit - sometimes I just want to lift heavy crap and not think twice about it. This was especially important today as I was finally able to pull off some heavy lat pulldowns - an exercise I've been very careful with ever since the operation.

No comments:

Post a Comment