Sunday, April 22, 2012

Training Day Thirty Eight

Today was Quad day and Cheat Day number two at the same time - a combo destined to be! What my cheat day is all about will be revealed in the following post. However, what this workout was all about is throughly revealed in this entry.

Today's cheat day quad workout:
- 8x8 Leg press machine
- 4x8 One-legged leg extensions (4 sets for each leg - no alternations during each set)
- 3x8 Lunges (3 sets for each leg - no alternations during each set)

Mobile pic taken prior to my leg workout.

Someone once told me that they've measured how well you perform to the music you enjoy (while lifting weights), compared to having no music (or maybe it was different music - I can't remember). Meaning that music would act as a motivational factor to work harder. I've not seen this study myself, so I won't say if that's pure bull or not. However, I'd like to see a study where they measure performance related to what you'll get to eat afterwards. I'm pretty sure we'd see some good increases when pizza awaits instead of a plate of broccoli.

All jokes aside. This evening's workout was gruesome, and the pizza I had waiting for me at home was a good motivational factor. Leg presses were heavy and the leg extensions took the pump to a new level. Instead of finishing off there, I decided to do an extra couple of sets of lunges - which was enough to squeeze out every last ounce left in me.

No comments:

Post a Comment