Thursday, April 26, 2012

Training Day Forty One

Initially, I've blamed my recent lack of stretching as the villain in my never-ending knee drama. However, I've also noticed that my knee issue seems to be somehow connected to my hamstrings workout. So, it was with a fair bit of caution I entered the gym today.

Today's tri-hammy workout:
- 5x8 Stiff-legged deadlifts
- 4x12 Seated leg curl machine
- 5x8 Triceps cable pushdowns (v-bar)
- 1x5 2x8 Seated french press (EZ-bar)
- 3x12 Triceps cable pushdowns (rope)

Hamstrings mobile pic taken prior to leaving for the gym.

There's no telling how my knee will react from this workout, but it's definitely better now than it was a few weeks ago. I have been doing my last couple of hamstrings workouts with caution, and to add to that I've also been stretching properly. I don't think it'll act up in any serious manner, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

In any case, today's workout was the opposite of my previous one. While the last workout was all about cheating and lifting heavy, this one was about control and targeting the muscles properly. The only exception was the rope pushdowns in the end where I actually focused on intensity rather than control.

No comments:

Post a Comment