Saturday, April 7, 2012

Training Day Twenty Seven

Easter is here and that means eggs, chickens and a lot of other protein-packed food. Naturally, today's protein injection had to be accompanied by a workout. And what a good opportunity to start working on my weakest part - calves.

Today's easter workout (Delts and Calves):
- 5x5 Shoulder press (smith machine)
- 3x8 Alternate front delt dumbbell raises
- 3x8 One arm lateral delt raises
- 6x8 Bent over reverse dumbbell flyes
- 4x12 Standing calf raises (no weight)
- 4x12 Standing calf raises in Squat machine
- 4x20 Seated calf raises

Took the opportunity to do some posing before I closed the gym - oh yeah!

Two chicken burgers with turkey bacon and a fried egg in-between. Topped
off with some gouda cheese, black pepper, ketchup and sriracha hot sauce!

I spent a lot of time on my calves today. I'm really trying to target that muscle and make it grow. It seems to be progressing rather well, but it's still the weakest part of my body. A huge protein-crammed burger should most likely give the growing process a good push though!

HAPPY EASTER EVERYONE!

No comments:

Post a Comment