Sunday, July 1, 2012

Training Day Eighty Eight

...and the troubles continue. For those of you who read my initial post a few weeks back (found here), you know that me and my girlfriend (her especially) went through a rather bumpy ride with the health care service here in Sweden. It seems as if it continues. This very Friday she calls me from work saying she has some sort of chest pain. We call the health service number and they tell us to go to the emergency unit. She decided that she can still work her last couple of hours before doing so. As for myself, I have to work all evening and all night, so I can't go with her. Luckily, my mom is able to go with her as support. When I come home from work later at night I get a new phone call. The blood clot that she had in her leg is now in her left lung - either that, or she's got a new one. Naturally she's worried and wants me there, so I drive back to work in the middle of the night, make sure I get the Saturday off and drive back home again to get some sleep. Saturday morning I wake up, make all my lunch boxes and head off to Halmstad. When arriving she seems to be in a pretty good mood. However, it turns out that the new medicine we've been getting - and that's cost us about 1000 SEK (~145 USD) - isn't even working. So, in turn, we have to go back to the medicine they wanted to give her in the first place. Only reason we didn't take it is because she's afraid of needles. The only problem is that they told us that the "needle-free" medicine was equal in every way, and that it should treat it without a problem. So now, it's a new ride, with new costs, AND, she has to take the needles. Adding to the already disappointing situation, she doesn't even get to go home tonight. On top of that she's been transferred to a new section where I'm not even allowed to stay longer than until 9 o'clock. This is what was going on while quads and abs were on the menu.

Today's quads and abs workout:
- 8x8 Squats
- 6x8 Leg extensions
- 6x8 Ab crunch machine
- 6x12 Cable crunches

Quads pic taken this morning after waking up.

There's one way to describe today's workout: Pissed off! I was pissed off that my girl was at the hospital, having to deal with a condition uncommon for her age. I was pissed off that I couldn't be with her when she was informed about her condition. I was pissed off that my girl wasn't allowed to come home, and that the most rewarding day of the week had to yet again be spent at the hospital. I was pissed off that the upcoming week meant that I'd have to work double shifts most of the days when all I want is to be home with my girl. I was pissed off about a lot of things, and I couldn't care less if I'd collapse in the process of doing my workout. The weights were just to be lifted, no matter what. Luckily, I had the gym entirely to myself, which meant that I could have the music at an extremely high level.

I'll keep on doing this until things blow over. I'm not stopping because things are changing their direction. I'm just taking a minor detour while I'm making sure my girl pulls through.

No comments:

Post a Comment